Qualifications include 10+ years of teaching experience, demonstrated mastery in the teaching of discipline, strong interpersonal skills, and a proven ability to manage and inspire peers. A master’s degree and relevant professional development experiences are strongly preferred.
The dean of faculty is a 12-month position.
Primary responsibilities include:
1) To recruit, hire, and oversee the orientation, health, and wellness of Millbrook’s faculty as they deliver the mission, curriculum, and program of Millbrook School.
2) To chair the Faculty Culture Committee (FCC), which is comprised of the dean of students, academic deans, director of athletics, and chief operating officer. The FCC has three goals: 1) to keep faculty attrition low and faculty retention high, 2) to provide benchmarking data that assists with the evolution of the faculty covenant, and 3) to ensure a collaborative, efficient, and proactive recruitment and retention process.
3) To oversee the implementation and execution of Millbrook’s growth and renewal, instructional coaching, and evaluation process for all classroom teachers. With the assistance of department chairs, the dean of faculty will give regular verbal and written feedback to classroom teachers and maintain files of classroom observations and personal reflections for every teacher on the faculty.
4) To be the champion of the faculty – a supportive, collaborative leader, who claims ownership of faculty culture.
Other significant responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
1) Leading the reappointment process with the headmaster and appropriate supervisors.
2) Allocating professional development budget & develop fair and equitable processes.
3) Planning and running all faculty meetings.
4) Planning and running at least two in-service days per year.
5) Teaching one class. Coaching one season. Advising up to six students. (or equivalencies of each)
Interested candidates, please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3-5 references by February 14 to Academic Dean Eve Whitehouse: email@example.com