To aid in your transportation from and to school, the following information should be of help:
1. Make transportation arrangements ASAP. If traveling by air, check with your parents to be aware of what your flight schedule(s) will be, and please check with airline prior to departure to make certain there are no delays or cancellations. This information should get to the Dean of Students Office well in advance of your travel so that we can make arrangements to get you to the airport or train station on time.
2. You need to be at the designated airport according to the following schedule:
One hour prior to scheduled departure for domestic flights
Two hours prior to scheduled departure for international flights
IF YOU HAVE ARRANGED WITH THE DEAN OF STUDENTS OFFICE TO BE DRIVEN TO AN AIRPORT OR TRAIN, YOU WILL MEET THE DRIVER in the small quad. Find out from the Mrs. Shanks the name of the person who will be driving you. Please be at the small quad at least 15 minutes before your departure from Millbrook.
3. Luggage - carry-on luggage is greatly restricted. Check with your particular airline prior to flight.
The following items cannot be packed in carry-on luggage:
A. Knives of any length
B. Cutting instruments of any kind (metallic or non-metallic) including carpet knives, box cutters and other folding or retractable blades, regardless of length
C. Items such as ice picks, straight razors, elongated scissors and knitting needles. (Safety/disposable razors, such as Bic and Gillette, are allowed)
D. Presently, liquids and gels of any kind
4. Bring photo identification - needed for check-in and boarding process. If you are traveling overseas, bring your passport. If you are an international student who will be returning to the US, please bring your passport and I-20 (make sure it is signed by Mrs. Stefanopoulos or Mr. Westman). Driver’s license or passport will meet identification requirements as well as a photo ID from Millbrook School.
5. Bring your tickets! According to American Airlines, “Passenger screening checkpoints will only accept those passengers with a ticket or ticket confirmation for the current travel date. A ticket or ticket confirmation includes a paper ticket, a boarding pass, official travel agency or airline-generated itinerary receipt confirming an electronic ticket, or airline/airport issued entrance document.”
6. Security Checkpoints. You most likely will be asked to have carry-on items thoroughly checked - see list above of items not to bring with you in your carry-on bag. Be prepared to be stopped at various times in airports for random checks for identification, tickets, or even bags. DO NOT LOCK LUGGAGE TO BE CHECKED. KEEP VALUABLES WITH YOU.
DO NOT LEAVE ANY BAG UNATTENDED AT ANY TIME. Be patient and attentive to requests made. Be alert at all airports.
7. Returning to Millbrook School
- you will have made arrangements to be picked up at airports or train terminals before you leave school. Make sure you know the name of the person who will provide your transportation back to Millbrook. You normally will meet the carrier at the end of the baggage claim location. Often we will arrange to pickup others who are arriving shortly before or after your arrival time. Please be patient and wait for your ride. If you are not met at a reasonable time, please call the school 845-677-5361 during normal business hours, 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday. On Saturday or Sunday, please contact the MOD (Master on Duty) by calling the general school number (845-677-8261 x195) or emailing email@example.com
. IF YOU ARE DELAYED, PLEASE CALL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE SO THAT WE CAN MAKE ALTERNATE ARRANGEMENTS.
If you have any questions before you leave, please check with Dean of Students Dan Skoglund or his assistant Becky Curtis.