Millbrook School and Trinity-Pawling School will proudly host the 20th Annual Empire Cup Invitational Hockey Tournament on Friday and Saturday, February 24th and 25th, 2017.
The two-day game schedule is as follows:
One of the most attractive and highly competitive tournaments in prep school hockey, four schools are participating in this year's event:
- Albany Academy
- Brunswick School
- Millbrook School
Friday, February 24
- Game 1: Albany Academy @ Millbrook School - 5:30 p.m.
- Game 2: Brunswick School @ Trinity-Pawling - 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, February 25
Games to be played at Millbrook School
- Consolation Game:Loser 1 vs. Loser 2 - 4:30 p.m.
- Championship Game: Winner 1 vs. Winner 2 - 6:30 p.m.
Away teams will wear white and home teams will wear dark jerseys.
Ice will be made at the beginning of each period. Periods are 18 minutes. There will be a 10 minute warm-up for each game.
In all games but the championship game, a five-minute sudden death overtime will be played in the event of a tie after regulation. If no goal is scored, a shoot-out will decide the winner.
In the championship game, the ice will be made after the third period and a 10 minute sudden-death OT period will be played. The game will count as a tie for New England records if the game winning goal is scored after the 5:00 mark of the overtime period. If the game is still tied after the overtime period, the championship will be decided by shoot-out.
- All games that enter a shoot-out will count as a tie for New England records
- Home team decides which team will shoot first
- Teams assign 3 shooters
- If tied after 3 shooters, the shoot-out becomes sudden-death
- Teams must have each dressed skater shoot before a player can shoot a second time