Development Office Assistant
Millbrook School seeks a Development Office Assistant. The Development Office Assistant provides general office support to the Development /Advancement Office by maintaining electronic records, entering donations, and processing gift acknowledgements using Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge/ NXT and Evertrue database systems.
- Enter all donations (annual fund, capital, special, gifts in kind) received by the school.
- Code gifts in compliance with standard and general accounting practices and the school’s procedures.
- Bring donations along with the Cash Receipt Report weekly to the Business Office for deposit.
- Acknowledge all gifts (prepare thank you letter, receipts, and envelopes) in accordance with policy.
- Process credit card gifts in accordance with payment card industry (PCI) compliant for credit card processing (via Blackbaud Mobile Pay, Authorize.net, Stripe.net).
- Use Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge/ NXT and Evertrue database systems to enter & track data and run reports.
- Update Evertrue computer system and exports weekly
- Maintain electronic and paper files for all development efforts.
- File/Scan pledge letters in accordance with office procedure and in preparation for yearly audit.
- Generate lists and queries from various data bases when requested.
- Maintain incoming gift correspondence as per document retention schedule provided by the Auditors.
- Generate the Annual Report’s statistics; donors’ names, percentages for all classes and parents, as well as all other donor categories.
- Assist in the process of proofing the Annual Report data, preparing for publication, and meeting deadlines.
- Assist with advancement events as assigned.
- Assist with inhouse appeal mailings, maintaining stationery inventory and order as needed.
- Provide phone coverage for the Advancement Office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must have strong computer skills with the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Experience with donor/gift database systems, preferably Blackbaud (Raiser’s Edge, NXT) & Evertrue, is ideal.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a basic knowledge of accounting practices and money handling experience.
- Able to multi-task and work with constant disruptions.
- Must have strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have patience and a sense of humor.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to: